Shikisai Haku is HAKUICHI’s proprietary material - metal leaves are beautifully discolored by the special technique. It has been pressed onto the paper by the craftsmen’s technique called Urabaku. In this technique, metal leaves are pressed over the high quality grass paper, which, in turn, is covered by silk gauze. It gives the gently matt texture which resembles the subtly misty air.
In the stark contrast with the background, the mountains and trees are heaped up and gold-leafed to emphasize the sense of perspective and dignity. The mountain ridges, trees and buildings are heaped up using the special materials. After they are sufficiently stereoscopic, the adhesive liquid is brushed over to prepare the surface to receive gold leaves. Then the gold leaves are applied to show the rough rock faces and tree barks.
- Best to avoid direct sunlight for display/storage, or colors may fade or change.
- Use the enclosed gloves when you display the product.
- Display/storage in conditions of high ambient temperature/humidity and that of extremely low ambient humidity may damage the product.
- Do not touch the product with wet hands.
- The base structure is made of paper. Handle carefully to avoid breakage.
Write Your Own Review
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Hakuichi was born in Kanazawa where many traditional crafts remain in Japan.
We plan, manufacture, sell crafts, cosmetics, edible gold leaf etc with gold foil as the axis. Recently, it is Japan's only gold leaf comprehensive manufacturer that is developing new style in a wide range of fields such as architecture and interior, recognized as expressive power like Japan and high technology.